5.02.2008

Tag you're it!

I was tagged by Professor J. It's a good excuse for a post. I don't have a lot to write about these days, so any prompts will do!

Here are the rules: 1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. 2. Each player answers the questions about her or himself. 3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog. 4. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer.--

What was I doing ten years ago? I was a relatively new nurse, 2 years since graduation, working at the home health agency I spent 8 years at as a home health aide during school. I had recently ended a 9 year "relationship", and later in that year bought myself a sweet little house, where I planned to live alone for a long time. I was in the initial stages of a long distance "relationship" with a very crazy woman. Due to the craziness, I am so glad it was long distance, and very short lived.

.What are five things on my "to do" list today? 1. Pay bills; 2. rest 3. hang out with my best gal; 4. rest 5. soak in the hot tub

Snacks I enjoy: Chocolate, any type will do, smoked almonds ( of which I am prescribed 15 per day for my cholesterol though not necessarily smoked), hummus with chips or pita bread, (I am making myself hungry), cheese with anything.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire: Pay off my bills, including my mortgage, donate millions, travel the world, support artists

Places I have lived: Everett, MA, Peabody, MA, Salem, MA, Omaha, NE, (and if you count my failry short term military placements Ft. McClelland, AL, San Antonio, TX {where I met Professor J}, Ft Gordon, GA,) and Council Bluffs, IA

Bad Habits: Nagging, not exercising, staying up too late, not always looking out for my own best interests.

Jobs I have had: sub slinger (in my father's sub shop), short order cook, t-shirt printer, clerk, automotive clerk, gas jockey, waitress, home health aide, security guard, welder, framer at a factory where they make plaster and fiber glass columns, worker in a group home for developmentally challenged adults, nurse.

Peeps I want to know more about (or at least peeps I think may be interested in responding):

Beanpaste

Rambling Stuff

Matter of Fact Mommy

Wisdom in Small Bits

SurelyYouNest

9 comments:

Sojourner said...

WOW! You must have read it as soon as it was posted, Cheri! Hope you got the version with paragraph breaks, I spent an hour trying to figure that mess out! LOL

Thanks for stopping by, look forward to seeing your meme. I read why you are waiting- but that's just because you are wayy coool!

Matter Of Fact Mommy said...

wow. love this tag! i never get tagged, except for the 7 (or 6?) random memes. so i will gladly oblige this one. ;)

JessTrev said...

Oh, Sojourner! Love reading about your last 10 years. Sub slinger? Mmmm. I love italian subs with vinegar and lots of pepperoncini. I am pretty sure they are not organic or local or good for me tho. ;) I just did this *particular* meme a couple weeks ago but will happily tag you right back with another one soon. :) from my good friend wrekehavoc.

http://surelyyounest.blogspot.com/2008/03/monday-memes-part-i.html

Mike Golch said...

I'll try to do mine this weekend.
unless I have a day like I did today.multiple seizure and sleep 3 1/2 hours after that.

Mike Golch said...

Sojourner,I feel a little better this evening and did the meme,come on over and check it out.

Manager Mom said...

welder!!! did you also appear in the movie "Flashdance?"

Mrs. G. said...

I've read that the smoked almonds not only help lower cholesterol but also make you smarter and help you lose weight-OK I made all this up but it could be true!

Enjoy that soak.

Sojourner said...

Thanks all for stopping by and reading my meme.

Cheri- I will check you out this week to see your answers to the meme.

Matter of fact Mommy- loved your answers.

Mamabird- I know the subs aren't so good for us, but you have to enjoy something bad for you once in awhile. Don't ya?

Mike I stopped by and checked out your answer. See my comments.

Manager Mom- nope- I did do some dancing in those days but not flashdancing.

Thanks Mrs. G- I am glad to know those almonds are good for so many things!

Melanie said...

I am finally getting to this tag! I am so bad at following through on memes!

Excuse me, won't you?