1.15.2008

Well, I have been reading other people's blogs on spirituality. The first stuff I read was on aetheism. Very interesting reading and some really good points made. I was quite intrigued by the thoughts on "religious persecution". The fact of the matter is that the only religious persecution I observe in this country is the so called "Christian right"'s insistence that everyone believe as they do.
Winter seems an appropriate time for all ths musing.
Under the snow and the frozen ground
incubating hibernating pondering sleeping
waiting for spring and the warmth of the sun
curled up tightly deep in the earth
thinking that life may never come again
but a thaw in January renews hope
the sun breaks through the ice
the water starts to run
and where there was only snow
a few blades of grass
green against the white
struggle to survive

2 comments:

Karen Jensen said...

Good for you. I think reading other people's thoughts is always helpful. I love that picture. Is it yours?

Sojourner said...

No the photo isn't mine. Found it on the web. But it could be mine- we just got a few more inches of snow and it is awful pretty out there- but COOOLD!!