9.22.2009

The return of Sojourner

Yes, Sojourner is back. At least for the moment. Autumn has always been a time when I, involuntarily, become introspective. My dream life becomes very active and vivid and I cannot ignore it, or the messages it leaves me with. And it is the Autumnal Equinox, today. So this is very appropriate, eh?

I even wrote in my journal this morning which hasn't happened in a looong time. We are right back to that old question "what does it all mean, anyway?" The search goes on, even below the surface of my conscious mind. There are always and forever questions and mysteries floating about the Universe. And from time to time they come back to irritate me- in the way a grain of sand irritates an oyster to urge it to produce a pearl. Pearls must take a very long time to come about.

I wonder if every grain of sand looks the same to an oyster. I mean, to me, the questions look very much the same. And to an untrained observer, perhaps all the pearls look alike as well. Maybe they are all alike. Maybe the answers are all alike, too.

I dunno. I am still seeking. Happy Autum!

2 comments:

Karen Jensen said...

Nice to see you and your happy dog. No questions here, just slogging through the school day. I wish I could take a walk in Neale Woods, though. That sometimes brought me answers.

Mike Golch said...

sometimes justlistening to my hammered Dulcimer music helps me figure thing out,somethimes not.the music is relaxing to me.