9.16.2009

America, the beautiful

I love to ride my bicycle. I usually ride on a bike trail near my house that runs along a creek through town. It's a peaceful place, away from traffic and noise; and it's pretty- trees on one side of the trail and the banks of the creek with their wild flowers and native grasses on the other. I am comfortable here, and usually unafraid. There are generally quite a few other people around and they are generally friendly- they smile or wave, or say hi or just nod at you. Occasionally, they just ignore you, but I don't mind.

Recently, a wave of anti-Obama graffiti has appeared along the south section of the trail. Every trail sign, every bench, even the trail itself has become the mouthpiece of the ultra-conservative, right wing crazies. There are swastikas and all sorts of plays on the name - such as O-O-O-O-Obama, O what a jOke, and the f-bomb about every 5 feet or so.

Freedom of speech! Yeah! So much for my nice peaceful ride. I end up coming off the trail ready to ring someone's neck!!!! Sorry about the proliferation of exclamation marks- but really. I mean REALLY.

Just had to vent. Have a great night.

1 comment:

Mike Golch said...

Vent all you want.that kind of crap has no place here.Oh I forgot freedom of speech.