12.19.2008

The words to this song by Samuel Barber:

Sure on this shining night of star made shadows 'round, kindness must watch for me this side the ground. The late year lies down the north, all is healed, all is health. High summer holds the Earth, hearts all whole. Sure on this shining night I weep for wonder, wand'ring far alone for shadows on a star. On this shining night.

This song is one of those mysterious things that has touched me to the depths of my soul. I cannot put into words what I feel when I hear this song. I have tried for 20 years to put those feelings into words. I can listen to this song over and over for hours. And everytime I hear it I have the same indescribable feelings. Surely, it is a "G-d" thing. ( I am using the Jewish spelling here- which is done out of respect for the awe and wonder of the Supreme being.)

I considered not writing anything and just posting the video. But I just had to say something. I want to know if anyone else has something that does this to them? To what do you attribute this?

1 comment:

Sojourner said...

WOW! An angel. I don't think Jen would agree with you there :)

Now- an angel is someone who sings to her child every night!

I have missed you!