3.17.2008

The injustice of the family court system

I saw the little boys on Saturday, which was a joy. However, the process of getting to see them was not. As I have mentioned in previous posts, they had a pretty rough start in life with regard to family. They are now living with their father and his wife and her 4 children. I am not happy with this arrangement but it is what it is and I have to do the best I can not to let the boys see how I feel about this.
When I went to pick up the boys Saturday morning to take them to their grandmother's house, I was confronted by their father's wife (we will call her T2). Their birth mother (whom we will call M) is staying at their grandmother's home, temporarily and the boys are not to see her. Grandma and I are fully aware of and 150% in agreement with this, as she has put them through enough pain in their little lives. Grandma, however, did not mention that M was staying with her, simply to avoid a lot of arguement, etc. A mistake on her part, in my estimation. However dad (whom we will call T1), did find out this fact on his own. When I made arrangements with him, on Friday, to pick the boys up we discussed this and I assured him that M would not be there. He stated he was sending one of T2's kids along anyway. I found this offensive, but accepted it as a condition of this visit.
Upon arrival at the home of T1, T2 and all the children, I found the boys and T2's second son and T2 waiting outside. T2 had a menacing look on her face and I was anxious to get the kids into the car and get out of there.After we got the kids into the car, she began to confront me about the presence of M at grandmother's house. I assured her in my calmest, most non-argumentative tones that M would NOT be present. And she began to go on a tirade about the court orders, etc. Again, I assured her that M would not be present. Then she said something about the fact that Grandma failed to mention that M was staying with her. At that point, I began to get agitated. I still remained calm in tone and non argumentative. I simply stated: "First, I am the last person in the world you should accuse of not telling the truth. Second, I want nothing to do with M and think it would be detrimental to the boys to see her. And finally, you need to take this up with Grandma. We are going now." She was still ranting but I got into the car and drove off with the boys.
The visit was fine and all was fine when I took them home. But believe me, this confrontation left a very bad taste in my mouth about T2. I am angry and really wish I did not have to deal with her. However, she is going to be a fact of life, if I wish to continue to see the boys. And NOTHING can keep me from that. Especially not a large, ugly woman with the maturity of a 13 year old. You can believe I will be monitoring everything that I am able to in that situation. Because if I get half a chance, I will see them taken from that "home".
Nuff said. Yuck! More negativity on my blog. So I will leave you with a positive thought: Did you know that the word namaste means: I worship the divine in you? Namaste blog friends. And peace.

1 comment:

Sojourner said...

Thank you Cheri. I did not feel so divine at the moment however. Wanted to put my boot up T2's butt! :D