3.02.2008

Happy March!

On Friday, I took my darling 11 month old Lab pup (75 pounds and still growing), to the local bicycle/ walking trail for a good long walk, in an attempt to settle her large butt down :) It was a truly beautiful day- temp climbed into the uppr 40's, sun shining, very light breeze. (A fine February day for Nebraska) There were other walkers, joggers, and cyclists on the trail, which runs alongside a creek. Lucy was doing her level best to drag me across the sheets of ice under the bridges. Scared the bejeesus out of me! I have recently developed an unnatural dread of falling down (has something to do with turning 50, I think).
As we were walking along, a site caught my eye that made me leap for joy. ROBINS!! The first of the season: the perennial sign of hope that winter is truly coming to a close. Hallelujah!

2 comments:

Sojourner said...

Well, there isn't anything blooming here, yet. And in fact, winter returned yesterday with a little snow. But the robins are a sure sign that it is on the wane.

Thanks for visiting.

Mike Golch said...

I for one donot want to fall down for I fear that I will break something,thats because of the combination of medicines that I take have had an adverse affect on me.NO ONE AND I DO MEAN NO ONE MAY LAUGH,the mix of meds has caused me to develop ostiporosis(yeh I know the old ladies desease as my one cousin put to me.)