1.10.2008

Welcome to my world

Blogging is all new to me. I have journalled off and on for years. But the whole idea of doing it for the whole world to see is a little scarey to me. But then, everything is a little scarey to me these days. I am usually pretty confident and easy going. Lately, I am anything but. I grew up Catholic, and went to the Catholic church most of my adult life. It was the core of my spiritual life. I had a lot of issues with the church (who doesn't?), but always believed the best way to change anything was from the inside. I woke up one day and thought "are you kidding me or what?" It was like a light bulb turned on in my head. I mean, there were many things which led up to this, but the light coming on was quite sudden. I won't go into all the details- suffice it to say, I no longer consider myself Catholic, and do not go to church anymore. I refer to myself as a recovering Catholic. Well, many things followed this. I started reading books about Jesus and God from a non-Christian point of view. I stopped reading the bible. I started questioning everything about my faith. And quite suddenly, I am in the middle of the wilderness with no map, compass or points of reference to guide me. It has been very distressing, scarey, confusing, and disorienting. I have chalked it up to mid-life crisis and tried ignoring it, but it keeps coming back. My aim for this blog is to try sorting it all out. I welcome comments and am interested in hearing of other people's spiritual journeys. So, I will end for tonight and wait to see what comes of it.

1 comment:

Karen Jensen said...

Welcome to blogging!

I have given up on god. I don't know if there is a higher power out there. I do know that the human spirit is remarkable and that the creation is amazing. I know that there is some connection between living things, between the earth and the animals on it, between the living and the dead. And I'm grateful for that connection.