11.13.2008

Consistency

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) -con⋅sist⋅en⋅cy   /kənˈsɪstənsi/ –noun, plural -cies. 1. a degree of density, firmness, viscosity, etc.: The liquid has the consistency of cream. 2. steadfast adherence to the same principles, course, form, etc.: There is consistency in his pattern of behavior. 3. agreement, harmony, or compatibility, esp. correspondence or uniformity among the parts of a complex thing: consistency of colors throughout the house. 4. the condition of cohering or holding together and retaining form; solidity or firmness. Also, con⋅sist⋅ence.

Well, if there is one thing you can say for me it is that I am consistent. I have had one post a month since June. Well, maybe, just maybe I will break the pattern this month.

There is something to be said for consistency. Consistent people are always right where you expect them to be. You won't get too many rude jolts from them, because their behavior doesn't vary much. Then again, some people might consider this boring. I dunno, I kinda like not getting too many rude jolts in life. They're not so good for your heart. What do you think? Boring? Or just plain reliable?

1 comment:

Mike Golch said...

reliable boring? than I guess I'm boring and PROUD of it! I hope that you are having a great day!