2.12.2008

This will be Day 1

A favorite blogger of mine is doing a project she calls "30 Small Moments". The idea is to be awake, alert, and present in the moment. She is doing it in photos. I love the idea of it, but never seem to have a camera handy when I need one. So, I think I will try doing it in words. If the opportunity arises to get a photo I will add those too.

So, my small moment came as I was leaving the grocery store. It was another frigid day, but the sun was shining. An elderly gentleman, bundled to the teeth looked at me and smiled and said "hello, darling. How are you today?" I responded that I was doing fine and asked how his day was going, he said "good,so far". I told him that was great, hope it stays that way, and told him to keep warm. He smiled in return as he walked on into the store. That's all. But it was sweet.

PS Many of the photos I use at the head of my blog are from Flickr. This one is.

2 comments:

Karen Jensen said...

nice moment--thanks for sharing it. Did you caucus?

Mike Golch said...

Nice pic,thanks for shareing it.